Conserve Water Today!
Water conservation is as important in a wet season, as it is in a drought. Water is our most valuable resource and making sure that we protect it and use it wisely is the responsibility of everyone. There are many things you can do as a homeowner to make sure you are using your water wisely. Small changes in lifestyle can add up to huge water savings. There are a lot of simple things you can do today to help save water for tomorrow. Here are some simple tips to help you start conserving.
- Adjust your watering schedule to the season = 2,000 gallons of saved water a year
- Keep your shower under 5 minutes = 200 gallons of saved water a month
- Run your dishwasher only when it has a full load = 500 gallons of saved water a month
- Fix leaky pipes and faucets = 140 gallons of saved water a week
- Install drip irrigation for you landscaping = 1,000 gallons of saved water a year
- Drop food coloring in your toilet tank to detect leaks = 600 gallons of saved water a month
- Sweep your driveway instead of hosing it off= 80 gallons of saved water each time.
- Use a screwdriver as a soil probe_ to monitor watering= 2,000 gallons of saved water a year
How Much Water Am I Using?
- Wash laundry only when you have a full load = 500 gallons of saved water a month
- Use a cold pitcher of water for drinking instead of running the tap = 4 gallons of saved water a minute
- Use a tuna can to measure and adjust sprinkler output = 2,000 gallons of saved water a year
- Collect and reuse the water you wash produce with to water house plants = 4 gallons of saved water a month
- Dig up old shrubs and replace with low water use plant = 550 gallons of saved water a year
- Replace showerhead with a low flow model = 550 gallons of saved water a week
- Avoid watering on windy days to prevent evaporation = I 00 gallons of saved water a year
Some of these tips may seem like a drop in the bucket, so to speak, however over a year period, and multiplied by the population of the State of California, these tips can help to save millions of gallons of water a year.
Call us to test your water!
Questions Or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about your well, please feel free to give our office a call and speak to one of our experts.
Peters’ has specialized in being your one stop shop for water needs since 1983.
Order Service or Request Quotes